Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, February 22, 2016

Ongoing Embroidery Projects




I have two more ongoing embroidery projects apart from the Hungarian embroidery project.

First one is the doily I shared in this post.


I know that nothing is perfect in this embroidery project, as I started this project long time before. The pattern looks uneven, the flower wreath around is not exactly circular: meaning, I did not trace it properly. The stitching on some flowers is very bad (I did those flowers before I properly learned the long and short embroidery techniques). The fabric has puckered up a bit. In spite of all these faults, I am still continuing this project as many readers have said that they are eager to see the finished project and personally I feel the same too. Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to complete this project.

I like the center design in this pattern. I took this pattern from the book Ondori's The Embroidery of Roses, and modified it. This book has lot of rose embroidery projects. 

The book is available at this link:



 



I have learned a lesson from this project: Always use stabilizer or backing fabric when you embroider on slippery fabrics like satin and silk fabrics.


Next project is the tunic neck design. This project is also going on for years. I am planning to wind it up by the end of this year.

Close-up:






11 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Very very beautiful. I always got inspired to do a long and short stitch project. Recently I have purchased one of the trish burr book and started practicing. I am looking forward for the finished pieces. Good luck.

Shami Immanuel said...

what fabric is that blue color?

Daisy Debs said...

Yes beautiful ! I love those Ondori embroidery books too and have quite a collection of them now on my bookshelf : ) It is so nice to see what you are doing . Have a lovely day ! x

Accurate Silver Calls said...

thank you for this blog you have done good work on this post keep doing well,

Jackpot Call in Gold

GST Impact Analysis said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

stitchmax said...

embroidery flowers With software there are only two possibilities: either the users control the programme or the programme controls the users. If the programme controls the users, and the developer controls the programme, then the programme is an instrument of unjust power.

Julia Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
embroidery digitizer said...

Nice post with great explanation, it will helpful as we are currently, working with our blog. Thanks for sharing.

Capital said...

Interesting blog for developing knowledge about embroideries techniques. Now get Embroidery Digitizing
with perfect result is possible.

bes unn said...


Nice post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful info particularly the ultimate section 🙂 I take care of such information a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
advantages of online shopping

TOOD MILLER said...

Many of the comments i see are related to embroidery service lets talk about the new era of designs that change the fabric look embroidery digitizing in usa is a leading company.

Kawaii Shop Modes4u.com